Thursday, June 26, 2008

You Tube

There is a lot to like about You Tube It's popular and easy to use. It sucks up bandwidth like a vacuume which is maybe not such a good thing in a public computer. I'm not sure it has any but an entertainment value, which I can't complain about considering that our collection includes titles like the Zombie Survival Guide. Alas such we must put up with in order to maintain our desiribility in the eye of the public. We do have some Latin instruction available so ther is hope for those who seek it out.

We need more bandwidth, of that there is no doubt, our techies are doing what they can with the resources they have. I know there are solutions in the works. I hope it works out before we have to blacklist any of the social sites because of the stress they put on a network. I really think that'd be counter productive in the long run...

BTW I decided to experiment with Fonts in this post. They can be annoying if improperly used and should be strictly regulated, perhaps a certification requirement for each font you wish to use.... any thoughts?

2 comments:

Meerkatdon said...

Aaargh, font overload!

Very good example of why fonts should be used sparingly, and with restraint.

hravan said...

Hey I love the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks. Some of the best Zombie literature out there!