Monday, June 30, 2008

Office tools

I have some limited experience with them already. Being a Googler and being involved with my sons scout pack I've used google docs a bit. They also recommended a lovely little piece of software that lets one manipulate PDF w/out going to the expense and tedium of actually paying for the full bore Adobe. I'll get the name off my laptop one of these days and post it. Its not perfect but as long as I don't need to type a 5 in the first field then its OK ;) Good thing I didn't pay much for it.

With Google docs, at least with receiving them...I find they wont always open, which is weird, usually they'll worl a little later tho.

I have yet to explore the other word processors. I don't think Word (TM) is the be all and end all but it is the only one I've got so its what I compare all others to.

3 comments:

Emeraldmist Nightfire said...

I've used Google Docs for quite a while now. When I was writing book reviews, I set it up to automatically send my post to my blog, no muss, no fuss! With Google Docs, I can access my word processing documents at any computer and don't have to worry about leaving my USB drive in one of the computers....(now, where is that thing?)

Meerkatdon said...

I thought the scouts didn't let googlers in. No, wait, that's something else entirely. :)

hravan said...

Sometimes patrons have attachements from online wordprocessors and we can't get them to open. Don't know why.