Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stimulus?

OK so they'vegot their "stimulus" package together adn passed it, the President says he'll sign it on Tuesday.

But...I thought it was important, that if we didn't PASS ITNOW the world as we know it will end.
Apparently this doesn't apply to the Presidents weekend off. That comes first. Iguess he can't just sign the dern thing quietly, no, there will needto be a full media circus andlost of hoopla.

Problem is I really see this "stimulus"package as just a bring back of a bunch of social programs that will encourage the usual welfare recipiants to stay on we;lfare...you know the ones, they have generations on welfare, They feel that the government is somehow responsible for their wellbeing.

I see it differently. I don't think anyone but ourselves are responsible for ourwellbeing. If I don't work, I lose my home and, ultimately, starve. If I have children I am responsible for seeingthemfed and clothed. Its appropiate forthe local community to helpoutin tought times BUT with the agreement that I will pay that effort back in some way, preferably in kind. If I am so irresponsible as to let my children starve they should be taken from me and placed in a home that will properly care for them, they are no longer my children.

Maybe I am hard hearted, but, no, I just want to see us accept responsibility for who and what we are. I have no problem with local gvt assistance, but it just isn't what the fed should be doing, its job is to handle projects the States cannot and protect us from foreign powers and to keep the states from squabbling, and provide courts. Period, end of story.

More later.

No comments: