The President is preaching that Doom and Gloom will come if Congress does not pass his stimulus package. Why am I left with a feeling that something is being rammed down my throat? Why do I feel like things are not as they seem?
I believe that if the President and Congress were serious about revitalizing the economy they would be cutting personal and corporate income taxes by 50% for two years. The public will then spend their extra money and that will perk things back up. Best of all it means that we (the people) will get to choose what companies get help, or what deserving neighbors.
I see little accountability in this program and frankly it looks like it contains a lot of social programs that they've tried to pass before.
We're set to be giving several corporations Billions of dollars. I want to know how it will be paid back? When I borrow money I have to pay it back, I expect others too, especially multi-billion dollar corporations. I keep seeing articles about these companies sending their people on expensive junkets/excursions.
I want my money back, this is unacceptable.
The President and Congress are doing us a disservice. Them money spent is going to be wasted on ineffectual programs and needlessly raise the National Debt.
Where is the Hope. Where is the Change?
All I can see is politics as usual and it sickens me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment